WOMEN’S CLOTHING DROP-OFF INFORMATION
DONATIONS CAN BE SENT OR BROUGHT TO:
16 EAST 52ND STREET, 15TH FLOOR
NEW YORK, NY 10022
IF YOU’RE ON MOBILE PLEASE SCROLL DOWN TO VIEW OUR NEEDED ITEMS.
We are currently not accepting any winter clothing.
Please call 212-563-2499, ext. 14 for the latest information about curbside, drop-off, and delivery times. Clothing donations can be sent via UPS, Fed Ex, USPS or messenger or dropped off Monday-Thursday, 9:00am – 5:30pm as well as select evenings*.
Curbside drop-offs between 11:30am – 3:30pm. Please call 212-563-2499 ext. 14 or 16 so that someone can meet you at our curb. Please call prior to your visit so we can be sure to be available.
*In addition if evenings are more convenient for you Bottomless Closet is open for drop offs until 7:30pm on workshop evenings (curbside drop-offs cannot be accommodated in the evening). View the current workshop schedule.
Every donor will receive a thank you letter that includes information for tax purposes.
Making the Donation
Bottomless Closet has very limited resources, therefore we rely on individuals and corporations to be responsible for delivering any donations (individual donations or clothing drive donations) to our offices. See above for drop-off hours.
- Donations can be received in bags, boxes or on hangers.
- Please note we are typically unable to accommodate boxes bigger than 3′ x 3′ x 3′.
Clothing & Accessories Drives are a fun way for groups to support Bottomless Closet and the women we serve. Whether among the employees of a large corporation or the members of community organization, clothing drives are a simple but effective way to attract the support of many individuals and support a worthwhile cause by recycling and donating business clothing.
Planning Your Drive
- We know that running a clothing drive takes some time and effort; below are some suggestions that will help the process.
- Contact Bottomless Closet to schedule a date for your drive. Our space is very limited and we want to ensure that we can accommodate your donations and treat your contributions with the care they deserve.
- Take some marketing materials. Bottomless Closet has information about our programs and how people’s donations will help. We have ready made flyers that not only spell out the guidelines for donations but can be customized with the dates and location of your drive.
- Consider an Accessories drive. The items listed to the right may be easier for people to transport, and are especially useful to us. Accessories make a big difference in completing a professional image for our clients.
- All clothing & accessories donations are tax deductible, forms can be provided for individuals.
To ensure that the contributions are meaningful to our clients, we ask that all donations fit the following guidelines:
Sizes 0, 14 + Plus Sizes are in demand and particularly appreciated.
- Large Size Shoes (Size 10, 11, 12, 13+)
- Business Suits
- Jackets and Coats
- Other Accessories including Scarves, Belts, Unopened Hosiery and Unused Cosmetics
We are unable to accept:
- Undergarments except brand new items with tags
- Exercise clothing
- Evening Wear
- Used/Opened Cosmetics