Donations can be sent or brought to:
16 East 52nd Street, 15th Floor
New York, NY 10022
Bottomless Closet gladly accepts new and gently worn women’s professional clothing.
***UPDATE AS OF August 6, 2018***
Due to the overwhelming generosity of our in-kind donors, our boutique has reached capacity and we are accepting limited donations through the month of August.
We are only accepting the following items at this time:
- Cardigans in all sizes
- Jackets & Blazers in sizes 8 and up
- Shoes in sizes 9 and up (half-sizes are especially needed)
Please call 212-563-2499, ext. 14 for the latest information about curbside, drop-off, and delivery times. Clothing donations can be sent via UPS, Fed Ex, USPS or messenger or dropped off Monday-Thursday, 9 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. as well as select evenings*.
Curbside drop-offs can be accommodated Tuesdays and Thursdays between 11:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Please call 212-563-2499 ext. 14 or 16 so that someone can meet you at our curb. Please call prior to your visit so we can be sure to be available.
*In addition if evenings are more convenient for you Bottomless Closet is open for drop-offs until 7:30 p.m. on workshop evenings (curbside drop-offs cannot be accommodated in the evening). View the current workshop schedule.
Every donor will receive a thank you letter that includes information for tax purposes.
Donations can also be mailed to Bottomless Closet through our partnership with Give Back Box. Donors can visit this page to purchase and download a $15 shipping label for any size/weight box to be shipped to Bottomless Closet from anywhere in the U.S.
Making the Donation
Bottomless Closet has very limited resources, therefore we rely on individuals and corporations to be responsible for delivering any donations (individual donations or clothing drive donations) to our offices. See above for drop-off hours.
- Donations can be received in bags, boxes or on hangers.
- Please note we are typically unable to accommodate boxes bigger than 3′ x 3′ x 3′.
Clothing & Accessories Drives are a fun way for groups to support Bottomless Closet and the women we serve. Whether among the employees of a large corporation or the members of community organization, clothing drives are a simple but effective way to attract the support of many individuals and support a worthwhile cause by recycling and donating business clothing. We strongly suggest holding purse drives.
Planning Your Drive
- We know that running a donation drive takes some time and effort; below are some suggestions that will help the process.
- Contact Bottomless Closet to schedule a date for your drive. Our space is very limited and we want to ensure that we can accommodate your donations and treat your contributions with the care they deserve.
- Take some marketing materials. Bottomless Closet has information about our programs and how people’s donations will help. We have ready-made flyers that not only spell out the guidelines for donations but can be customized with the dates and location of your drive.
- Consider holding a purse drive, as purses are something we are always in need of.
- All clothing & accessories donations are tax-deductible, forms can be provided for individuals.
To ensure that the contributions are meaningful to our clients, we ask that all donations fit the following guidelines:
We accept all sizes, and sizes 0, 14 + Plus-sizes are in especially high demand and are particularly appreciated.
- All size shoes, but larger size shoes sizes 10, 11, 12, 13+ are in high demand
- Business Suits
- Jackets and Coats
- Other Accessories including Scarves, Belts, Unopened Hosiery and Unused Cosmetics
We are unable to accept:
- Undergarments except brand new items with tags
- Exercise clothing
- Evening Wear
- Used/Opened Cosmetics
- Household items