DATABASE & DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE
Bottomless Closet is currently recruiting for a Database & Development Associate. This individual will serve as lead administrator for Bottomless Closet’s Raiser’s Edge database and have primary responsibility for data integrity, segmentation and reporting to support fundraising goals. In addition, the Database & Development Associate will be responsible for creating new records, updating constituent information, processing and acknowledging all donations and maintaining internal records of donations.
He/she will also be responsible for generating mailing lists, coordinating the mailing of donor correspondence and other development department administrative needs.
- Serve as lead administrator for Raiser’s Edge, Bottomless Closet’s database, including data entry, processing all gifts, and assisting with database maintenance.
- Responsible for producing a variety of reports from Raiser’s Edge including mailing lists and giving reports as requested
- Generating and distributing donor acknowledgement letters and creating and maintaining letter templates within Raiser’s Edge
- Maintain mailing lists and provide support for Bottomless Closet’s electronic communication, utilizing our Raiser’s Edge database and email marketing systems
- Coordinate credit card donation charges, electronic fund transfers, and check processing with appropriate staff
- Reconcile fundraising receivables with appropriate staff
- Work with team to provide required information to auditors
- Process donations and prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence
- Maintain institutional and individual electronic and hardcopy donor files, including scanning, filing and organization
- Assist Development Director in creation of proposals as required
- Respond to donor correspondence and inquiries in timely manner
- Provide support for the coordination and production of all individual donor appeals
- Conduct prospect research, creating donor profiles and tracking relationships of major donors, family foundations, board members, and institutional funders
- Provide support for all individual giving and special events initiatives
- Assist with drafting, proofreading, editing, and producing support materials for reports and select proposals to funders
- Provide event support as a member of the development team. This may include attending events on occasional evenings or weekends
- Liaise with event planning consultant for major events
- Coordinate event related donor correspondence including invitations, acknowledgments and stewardship mailings
- Update fundraising database with donor data; ensures that donor records are accurate and up-to-date
- Perform development department general administrative support
- Other duties as assigned
The Database & Development Associate reports directly to the Development Director.
The Database & Development Associate position is Full Time with a schedule that includes a mix of remote and onsite work; ability to work flexible hours including periodic evenings and the occasional weekend are required; specific hours will be determined based on organizational needs.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Minimum 3-5 years relevant database experience
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge, donor database experience required.
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent oral and written communication skills, professionalism, attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent computer (Outlook/Word/Excel) skills required
- Ability to be extremely organized and manage multiple tasks
- Good problem solving skills
- Good prospect research skills
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Creative, curious, fast learner, with special appreciation for human services and nonprofits including commitment to Bottomless Closet’s mission
- Desire to self-start and work collaboratively with small staff, volunteers and board a must
$42,000-$48,000 + a comprehensive benefits package
Benefits include generous paid time off along with medical, dental and vision coverage and 403b saving plan.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email a resume and cover letter detailing your interest and skills applicable to the position to the attention of Yvonne Cassidy, Development Director at email@example.com with the email subject line “DATABASE & DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE” as soon as possible. NO PHONE CALLS.
Apply on Idealist