Want to help women in need this holiday season? Here are five simple ways you can make a difference.
Did you know that there are some super simple things you can do that will have a BIG impact on women in need this holiday season? We have put together a list of five really easy actions you can take, each of which will help Bottomless Closet tremendously:
- Help us give hope. This holiday season, we are sharing the amazing stories of resilience and new beginnings for just some of our clients who recently landed new jobs. Click here to meet these remarkable women – from Taieisha, who was just hired as a flight attendant, to Cricely, who fled Puerto Rico in the aftermath of Hurricane Maria, to Shaneice, who is now promoting blood drives after receiving a life-saving transfusion as a child. Making a year-end financial gift to Bottomless Closet will help us create even more success stories. Want to double your generosity? Ask your employer if they have an employee gift-matching program.
- Join us at J.Crew. If you are in or near New York City, you can take advantage of discounts on your holiday shopping, enjoy free refreshments and sweets, and support a great cause this Thursday, December 7 from 6-8 p.m. at the J.Crew store in Rockefeller Center. Bottomless Closet will receive a portion of proceeds of all sales during the event, and we would love you to come shop with us. Click here for all of the details. In addition, if you are doing your holiday shopping on Amazon, please consider shopping through Amazon Smile and selecting Bottomless Closet to receive a portion of proceeds.
- Get Social. Hold a Facebook Fundraiser of your very own, and encourage the people in your social circle to make a gift to Bottomless Closet in lieu of giving you a holiday gift. Every little bit helps us, and it is a great way to spread love and goodwill this holiday season. Additionally, please check out the amazing stories and photos we have been sharing on our social media channels, and re-post them to help us spread the word!
- Clean out your closet. Who says you have to wait until January 1 to start your New Year’s Resolutions? If one of your goals for 2018 is to declutter your home, then please consider donating your gently worn professional women’s clothing, shoes, or accessories to Bottomless Closet. Right now, we are in desperate need of winter coats, handbags, jewelry, and shoes, but anything you can bring in will be gifted to a woman who is getting her chance at a fresh start for the New Year, too.
- Help us fill our closet. Want to help stock our boutique but don’t have any items to give? We have added a selection of items to our Amazon Wish List that we could really use for clients. They will be shipped right to us, helping us fill the gaps in our inventory.
One in four New York City women are living in poverty, so the need is great. Every single one of these actions help support our mission of helping disadvantaged New York City women reenter the workforce and achieve success. And that’s the best holiday gift any of us could ever ask for.
(Featured image courtesy of Diego Mariottini / Shutterstock.com)